Friday, February 26, 2010

Another Question

To start out with I have to tell you all that I have ALOT of t-shirts. Many of them have some writting or picture on them concerning martial arts of some sort. This shouldn't be too strange thinking that I have been doing the stuff for 11 years.
But the t-shirt in question today is not a martial arts t-shirt. It is a band t-shirt. And the last 3 or 4 times I have been wearing it people has asked questions about it. The look on peoples faces is the look of "Huh!?". The most common question is without a doubt: "What's that supposed to be?" And now I am going to tell the entire world. Hoping that I wont get the question next time I wear the shirt. But knowing the people around me, who might even read this, I am sure to get the question now that I write this. Well... Bring it!
Anyway!
The t-shirt on trial is this one:

And it is a band t-shirt for the Danish band "Nephew". And yes! I do like "Nephew" and I do have all their studio albums. The symbol on the shirt is an "N" and is also the album cover for the album "Interkom Kom Ind". I did not buy it because of the colors. That would be like buying an "Iron Maiden" shirt because Eddie rules. UP THE IRONS! Ok bad example. Because we all know that "Iron Maiden" and Eddie go hand in hand with awesome. Let's just say that I bought the shirt because I was drunk on a festival where I had just attended a "Nephew" concert and it was a nice t-shirt with pretty colors on it. And the fact that "Nephew" makes some, in my mind, kick ass music has nothing to do with me purchasing the shirt.
So there you have it. Among my many t-shirts there is one with a colorful "N" on it. An "N" that might very well stand for "Nephew"? Could it be? And the fact that people don't know this surprises me a bit. Even people who say they listen to "Nephew" haven't seen this shirt and symbol before? Maybe because they are all criminals who download your music illegally and therfor don't know the album covers? Just a thought. ;o)

1 comment: