Monday, February 1, 2010

The Beginning

Hello.

I have now finally made up my mind to do this thing. Tell the people of the world useless things about myself and the stuff I do and the people that I do these things with.
To start off I think it would be appropriate to tell you all about myself.

As you can see my name is Steffen and I am Danish. Not the pastry, but from the actual country of Denmark, which coincidently is not the capital of Sweden.
I am one of 3 brothers. I have a younger brother: Kenneth and an older brother: Ulrick. Parents: Bente and Niels. I live in Fredericia, born and raised, and so does my parents. Kenneth lives in vejle with his girlfriend Karina, and Ulrick lives in Esbjerg with his wife Sine and their two children Søren and Astrid.

As far as interests go I have a few things that I feel really strongly about. And these topics will without a doubt use up a lot of space in this blog in the future.
On this exact date(01.02.2010 - Which is actually a palindrome, how cool is that?) I have been practising Tendoryu Aikido for 11 years. Aikido is a very dear passion of mine and I spend a lot of time training and teaching it both here in Denmark, but also in Germany. I teach it every other week in my home town of Fredericia in Fredericia Judo & Ju-Jutsu Klub. The weeks that I do not teach there I get to practice myself. Other than that I recently started teaching aikido once a week in vejle at vejle Taekwondo Klub - Tang Soo. And because of the schedule of the different clubs I get to do Tendoryu Aikido up to 4 times a week. And I really enjoy it.

Another big passion of mine is movies. I love my DVDs, and apparently I have a lot of them. At least that's what people tell me. The range of the genres go from old danish comedy over cartoons and animated movies across to TV series (C:S:I, Heroes, Friends, 21 Jump Street, He-man, Black Adder, The Young Ones, Bottom, How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, etc) and ending up somewhere around the point where "The Sound Of Music" is on the same shelf as "Deer Hunter", "The Blues Brothers" and "The Shawshank Redemption". So there is a little of everything. But looking into things I would say that martial arts movies do have a special place in my heart. I know it's very kitch but I do enjoy my Steven Seagal and my Van Damme movies. Without these two fine gentlemen I would not have started a)Collecting movies and b)Practice martial arts.

After some time where I haven't touched a book unless I really really REALLY had too, I have started reading again. Just for fun - I know people might not see this as normal behavior. Again I can't really put a category on what I enjoy more? The shelves show titles like "Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep", "The Catcher In The Rye", "Lord Of The Rings", "The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy", "Harry Potter" and "The Name Of The Rose". So again. Not really anything concrete in terms of preference. But fantasy is always fun to read.

When it comes to music I can just say that I enjoy it a lot. My prefered kind is rock, hard rock and metal. I do like the sounds of the electric guitar. That being said I also listen to pop, classical and other types of music with great joy. But to make a perfect day Steff needs his electric guitar. But again when the shelves are lined with CDs from Jethro Tull, R.E.M., Jewel and various soundtracks I can't really hide from the fact that here the taste is also somewhat mixed.
And this last thing might come as a surprise to some, but I actually play a little golf as well. Nothing big yet but my goal for the year 2010 is to get permission to play the 18 hole courses around the world. At the moment I have not taken the different tests and so on and so forth, but as I just wrote. That's my golf goal of 2010.

With past time interest, or some of them at least, out of the way we now head down the road that is work and educational related.
Last year I pasted my exams and got the title of masseur. At the moment I am employed in a wellness spa in Kolding, which I enjoy a lot. And my future plans include my own practice/clinic.

I have during my years doing aikido taken various courses that in the end entitle me to call myself a licensed instructor. In that same category I have taken and passed classes that now makes me a qualified mediator. In other word I can tell people what to do and I am pretty good at it.

Now then. I will now end this first of hopefully many contributions to this blog I'll see you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment